Nordic History Teacher Seminar at Skálholt, August 7–11 2018.
Seminar theme: Giving women and femininity a voice in the histoy of the Nordic countries. Looking at History and History teaching from a feminist point of view.
-The schedule below is subject to change, but we expect the departure and arrival time to and from Reykjavik to remain unchanged-
Tuesday, August 7:
- 15:00 — Departure from BSI central bus station in Reykjavik center to Skálholt venue. This is the bus station where the Reykjavik Excursions Flybus from Keflavik Airport arrives.
- 16:00 — Walking tour around Thingvellir National Park
- 18:00 — Arrival to Skálholt, dinner and a short introduction of the are
Wednesday, August 8:
- Lectures and discussions on gender equality in the Nordic countries, in history and history textbooks.
- 09:00 — Breakfast
- 10:00 — Lecture: Is the national historical narrative exclusively male? (To be confirmed) Discussion
- 12:30 — Lunch break
- 13:30 — Lecture: Attempting to change the historical narrative in textbooks: A case study. Followed by discussions.
- 15:00 — Excursion by bus to the area around Skálholt
- Dinner tba
Thursday, August 9:
- 09:00 — Breakfast
- 10:00 — Workshops and activities planned by hosts and guests. Tba, but keeping the theme of the seminar in mind. If you would like to do a workshop/discussion group, please contact us.
- 12:30 — Lunch
- 13:30 — Historical tour around the area by bus, with a visit to a geothermal pool (bring bathing suit!)
- Dinner and final reception tba.
Friday, August 10:
- 10:00 — Breakfast
- 11:00 — Tba
- 13:00 — Departure to Reykjavik after lunch
- 14:30 — Arrival to Reykjavik. Optional bus and walking tour around Reykjavik.
Important: Keep in mind that although there is a restaurant at our venue, there are no stores or shops within a walking distance from Skálholt. Meals are provided, and some items can be bought on our excursions around the area, but we recommend you stock up on snacks for personal use before departing from Reykjavik. This is especially the case for “singing water”.
Tilføj til din kalender
PSGL – kontakt